IUBAT is one of the leading universities in Bangladesh considering the facility of providing mental health support to its community (students, faculties and staffs). This service is being provided through Professor Mahmuda Khanum Counseling and Guidance center to address the mental health issues and to ensure the psychological well-being of IUBAT community. This center is located in room no 105. Service is provided from Sunday to Thursday (8.30 am to 5.00 pm). Students, faculties and staffs of IUBAT can avail this service at free of cost. Moreover, confidentiality of clients’ identity and information is highly maintained throughout the whole therapeutic process. A clinical psychologist is currently running this mental health facility. Service of this center includes psychological assessment, individual therapy, and appropriate referral to other mental health professionals and crisis management which is psychological in nature. In addition, this center organizes workshops and seminars on different mental health issues.
Contact the Center
- Location- room no 105
- Service days -Sunday to Thursday
- Service hours- 9.30 AM to 5.00 PM
- Email- email@example.com
Basic Information about this Service
- Free of cost
- Full confidentiality
- No medication involved
- Weekly 1 (one) session
- Each session take 50 (Fifty) minutes
- Requires minimum 6-8 (six to eight) session in every case.
Anyone from IUBAT can assess these following disorders and mental health issues:
- Social anxiety
- Personality test
- Love obsession
- OCD(Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)
- Visit room no 105 between Sunday to Thursday from 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
- Screening- client would need to report his/her current psychological problem and other basic information sought by the psychologist. Therapist generally screens the problem based on these reported problems and information sought by appropriate scales and questionnaires.
- If the therapy is appropriate for clients’ presenting problem, an intake form will be provided and an appointment for client’s psychotherapy session will be mutually fixed.
- Referral -client will be referred to appropriate mode of treatment if there is other more suitable existing available approach for his/her problem.
When should one seek professional mental health support?
When any of your behavior (action), emotion (feeling) or thinking (belief, cognition) related issues impairing your daily functioning and life aspects (academic, professional, relationship) and you cannot control those behaviors, emotions or thoughts anymore on your own, then you need to seek professional help (psychiatrist or psychologist).
Common Psychological Problems
- low mood
- excessive worry
- excessive anger, hostility
- panic attack
- irrational and excessive fear
- lack of concentration
- suicidal ideation and attempt
- extreme feeling of guilt
- sleeping related problem
- drug/substance abuse
- adjustment problem