Qualifications and Experience required for Recruitment and Promotion in Teaching Positions
|Positions||Academic Qualifications (minimum)||Academic Result||Teaching Experience||Publications|
|Lecturer||Master’s and 4 Years Bachelor’s||Excellent results in all examinations||Not required||Not required|
|Assistant Professor||PhD||Excellent results in all examinations||Not required||1|
|Local Master’s + MPhil or Master’s from foreign Univ. or||Excellent results in all examinations||5 years’ experience as Lecturer at IUBAT or 7 years if from other Univ.||2|
|Local Bachelor’s+ foreign Master’s or||Excellent results in all examinations||5 years’ experience as Lecturer at IUBAT or 7 years if from other Univ.||3|
|Local Bachelor’s + Local Master’s||Excellent results in all examinations||7 years’ experience as Lecturer at IUBAT or 9 years if from other Univ.||4|
|Associate Professor||PhD Or||Excellent results in all examinations||5 years’ experience as Assistant Professor at IUBAT or 7 years if from other Univ.||5|
|Local Master’s + MPhil or Master’s from foreign Univ. or||Excellent results in all examinations||10 years’ experience (5 years as Assistant Professor at IUBAT or 12 years (7 years as Assistant Professor) if from other Univ.||6|
|Local Bachelor’s+ foreign Master’s or||Excellent results in all examinations||12 years’ experience (5 years as Assistant Professor at IUBAT) or 14 years (7 years as Assistant Professor) if from other Univ.||7|
|Local Bachelor’s + Local Master’s||Excellent results in all examinations||14 years’ experience (7 as Assistant Professor)at IUBAT or 16 years (9 years as Assistant Professor) if from other Univ.||8|
|Professor||PhD||Excellent results in all examinations||12 years’ experience (7 years as Associate Professor at IUBAT) or 14 years (9 years as Associate Professor if from other Univ.)||15|
- a) In the case of Public Health, professional experience may be adjusted with the teaching experience requirement.
b) In case of engineering departments, bachelor degree may be considered if Master’s is not available.
- Degrees and CGPA will be accepted based on reputation of the university.
- Publications and years of experience may be interchanged as follows: every 2 publications = 1 years’ teaching experience
- Preferences will be given to candidates with higher qualifications, longer teaching experience, number and quality of publications, academic performance (CGPA, distinction, award), experience in co-and- extracurricular activities, leadership
- Conditions may be relaxed for Semester Faculty members, faculty on contract and other types of appointment.
- All appointments in teaching positions will be treated as independent appointments but service continuity will be retained in case of IUBAT faculty.
- For promotion, candidate must have satisfactory Faculty Assessment Report (FAR) in case of IUBAT.
- For candidates external to IUBAT, satisfactory performance reports from two referees are required.
- Publications :
- Publications only in recognized and refereed journals will be counted. Preference will be given to indexed journals like Copernicus and Scopus.
- Publications in refereed proceedings of major national and international conferences and seminars may also be counted.
- Impact ( citation) of publications will be given additional points
- Books written in the relevant field for Undergraduate/Postgraduate levels will be considered as publications.
- Research monographs, Patents and contributions in standard published books may be considered as publications.
- Outstanding design works (judged by internal and external experts) carried out officially will be considered as publications
- Teaching experience:
Teaching experience in a position of lecturer and above in the relevant discipline at the IUBAT or at any reputed University/Institution of higher learning at graduate/undergraduate level shall be recognized as Teaching Experience. In calculating the length of Teaching Experience, time spent on deputation to a non-teaching post, leave without pay (extra-ordinary leave) during which the person was not pursuing full time teaching at University level will not be counted.
Length of Service experience will include 100% of teaching and 50% of professional experience. Half of the time spent on Study Leave (for study purposes to attain higher degrees) will be added in calculating the length of service experience (not as Teaching Experience). Time spent for study purposes will refer to the actual duration of the higher degree program, subject to a maximum of 2 (two) years for Master Degree program and 5 (five) years for Ph.D Program. Period of part time teaching or part time experience will not be counted in calculating the length of service experience.
[N.B.] Cover letter Sample –Download
Phone Number: 55091801-5, 55092469-70, 01727-277166