IUBAT INSTITUTE OF SDG STUDIES (IISS)
The IUBAT Institute of SDG Studies (IISS) was launched on 24 April 2019 for influencing global policies and local, national, regional and international decisions on SDGs issues through cutting edge research and offering comprehensive professional development programs in sustainability and environmental management that help to improve human capacity of private voluntary agencies, local governments and international organizations. The institute has been set up to develop competent human resources to manage the implementation of the challenging Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It will offer training and educational programs, undertake research, provide consultancy services and run model projects for this purpose. IISS has got environmentalists, experts professionals, scientific researchers on SDG issues and is contributing to Education, Action Research, Training & Implementing 17 global goals in different topographies in Bangladesh. It hosts Regional Centre of Expertise (RCE) Greater Dhaka under United Nations University–UNU, Education for Sustainable Development (ESD). IUBAT got UN Flagship and Good Practice award for spreading environmental education in three consecutive years (2012, 2013 and 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018).
The Vision of the Institute would be to advance Bangladesh in achieving SDGs for re- achieving the historical state of self-reliant Sonar Bangla or Golden Bengal with holistic sustainability by 2030
The mission would be to actualize the SGDs by competent human resource development and research initiatives for crucial target areas including Zero Hunger, Sustainable Agriculture, Health and Well-being, Quality Education Gender Equality, Clean Water and Sanitation and Climate Change. The mission will be realized by training, education, research and consultancy.
Management of IISS
Governing Council (GC)
- Prof Dr Abdur Rab, Vice-Chancellor , IUBAT – Chair
- Ms Sheerin P Huq, Member of BoT – Member
- Engr Wasil Hasan Chowdhury, Member of BoT – Member
- Prof Dr Hamida Akhtar Begum, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, IUBAT and Chair , Advisory Council, IISS – Member
- Professor Selina Nargis, Treasurer, IUBAT and Executive Director, IISS – Member
- Prof Dr Amzad Hossain, SDGs Coordinator, Bangladesh Chapter and Curtin University Sustainability Policy (CUSP) Institute, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, WA – Member
- Prof Dr Ataur Rahman , CAS and Director, CGEC, Member
Advisory Council (AC)
- Prof Dr Hamida Akhtar Begum , Pro Vice –Chancellor, IUBAT : Chair
- Prof Dr Abul Khair, Dean, College of Arts and Sciences (CAAS) : Member
- Prof Dr Monirul Islam, Dean, College of Engineering and Technology (CEAT): Member
- Prof Dr M Shohidullah Miah, Dean College of Agricultural Sciences (CAS) : Member
- Prof Dr Dora Marinova , Curtin University Sustainability Policy (CUSP) Institute, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, WA. : Member
- Mr Habibur Rahman BPM (Bar), PPM, DIG (Administration & Discipline), Bangladesh Police : Member
- Prof Dr Zahidur Rahman ,Department of Mathematics, Engineering, and Computer Science, LaGuardia Community College, City University of New York : Member
- Dr Tim Cadman, Research fellow. Griffith University. Griffith University. Australia. : Member
- Donor Agency/others ( if any) : Member
- Prof Dr Ataur Rahman, Director, IISS Member-Secretary
Officials of IISS
Executive Director: Professor Selina Nargis, Treasurer, IUBAT
Director : Prof Dr Ataur Rahman
Deputy Director (Academic Programs) : Dr M Rehan Dastagir , Assistant Professor , CAS
Coordinator (Training) : Mr Sharif Rahman, Principal Bismillah Technical Training Institute , Kamarpara, Uttara , Dhaka
Resource Personnel Profile ( subject to change from time to time )
Dr Md. Amzad Hossain
Specialized on Sustainability
Adjunct Research Fellow
Curtin University Sustainability Policy (CUSP) Institute
Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia
Dr Md. Monirul Islam
PhD in Engr (Japan) MSc in Civil Engr (Japan)
BSc in Civil Engr (BUET) JSPS-Post Doctoral Fellow (Japan) Post Doctoral Research Fellow (Singapore)
Professor & Chair: Dean, CEAT
Dr Mohammed Ataur Rahman
PhD (ANU, USA), MSc, BSc (DU)
MSc, Postgraduate Diploma (UK)
Specialized on Sustainability
Dr M Salim Ullah Khan Eusufzai
PhD in Irrigation and Drainage Engineering
M.Sc in Agricultural Engineering (BAU)
B.Sc in Agricultural Engineering (BAU)
Specialized on (Waste Water Resources Development Specialist)
Dr M Rehan Dastagir
M Sc, BSc Hons (DU)
Assistant Professor, College of Agricultural Sciences, IUBAT
Specialized on Sustainability
Dr Muhammad Enamul Quadir
PhD in Hydraulic and Ocean Engg (Taiwan)
MSc in Water Resources Management (Germany)
BSc in Ag Engineering (BAU)
Dr Mohammed Abdus Salam
PhD in Risk Management &Environmental Science (Japan)
M Sc in Environment&Technology Management (Japan)
B ScHons in Forestry (CU)
Partial list of Publications of Prof Dr Alimullah Miyan on Sustainabilty and Related Studies
1. Knowledge Based Area Development (KBAD), IUBAT, Dhaka, Bangladesh, ISBN 984-70060-0003-7, August, 2008.
2. Energy Policy for Bangladesh, Co-author, Centre for Policy Research, IUBAT, Dhaka, Bangladesh, ISBN 984-861-0014, August, 2004.
3. Monograph on Constitutional Law Bangladesh for International Encyclopedia of Laws, Kluwer Law International (KLI). The Hague, The Netherlands (under preparation).
4. Monograph on Bangladesh in International Encyclopedia for Labor Law and Industrial Relations, KLI, The Hague, The Netherlands (under preparation).
5. Legislation Bangladesh, Suppl, 139. The International Encyclopedia for Labour Law and Industrial Relations, Kluwer Law and Taxation Publishers, Deventer, The Netherlands, December, 1992. (presently under revision)
6. Contributor to “Bangladesh : Towards an Integrated Approach to Employment Promotion and Poverty Alleviation,” ILO-ARTEP and UNDP, New Delhi, India, December, 1993
7. Management Cases of Bangladesh, IBA, Dhaka University, 1989.
8. Principles of Marketing, Co editor (a text book in Bangla), Bangladesh University Grants Commission, Dhaka, 1989.
9. Health and Family Planning Manpower Development at Upazilla Level: An Assessment of Training Needs, CMRP, IBA, Dhaka University, 1989.
10. The Management of Population Assistance Programs, Examples of Public Management of Population Projects in Bangladesh and Indonesia, Development Centre, OECD, Paris, France, 1984.
11. Marketing of Social Products: Family Planning in Bangladesh, Centre for Population Management and Research, IBA, Dhaka University, November, 1981.
12. Paribahan (Transportation in Bengali): Bangla Academy, Dhaka, 1975.
13. Parishankhan Parichiti (Statistics in Bangla) Co author: Ideal Library, Dhaka, 1969, 1974, 1978 and 1983 editions.
14. Personnel Management Cases of Pakistan (Co editor): Institute of Business Administration, University of Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan, 1970.
15. Introduction to Statistics (Co author) : Ideal Library, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1968, 1971, 1973, 1984, and 1993 editions.
16. Business Management A Functional Approach (Co author): Majid Publications, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 1966.
Professor Dr Mohammed Ataur Rahman
E-mail : email@example.com
4 Embankment Drive Road, Off Dhaka-Ashulia Road, Sector-10, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka 1230